Do you know what I love to do?
There’s just something so fun and carefree and magical about them, and I love how excited my daughter (and every other child within our immediate vicinity) gets when I pull out one of those gigantic bubble wands when we’re at the park.
The only problem is, I have the attention span of a hamster when it comes to doing mindless things.
It just gives me too much time to think about all of the OTHER things I should be doing, like scrubbing our toilets and shaving my legs, you know?
But playing with bubbles is one of the only activities that actually interests my daughter for more than 30 seconds at a time these days, and since she’s still too little to be able to blow bubbles by herself, I’m on the hunt for some fun bubble activities we can do together so I don’t die of boredom this summer.
Here’s what I’ve found so far.
1. Make your own bath time science lab. It can get messy, but since it’s all contained in the bathtub, who cares, right?!
2. Set-up a bubble party experiment station! Your kids will be AMAZED at all the different things they can blow bubbles with!
3. Get out the drinking straws and try making these fun soap bubble prints. Just make sure you lay down a plastic tablecloth, first!
5. Bust out the hula hoop and kiddie pool and give the human bubble a try. Your kids will go CRAZY!
6. Grab an old water bottle out of your recycling bin and try this awesome water bottle bubble fun activity. And if you want to make this activity last longer, why not decorate your water bottles first??!
7. Get out a large sheet of paper, some food coloring, bubbles, and bubble accessories, and make some easy art with bubbles!
8. Make your own bubble wands and blowers with stuff you have lying around the house!
9. If you’re on a long car ride and your kids are ready to lose their minds, BLOW BUBBLES OUT THE WINDOW!
10. When winter hits and your kids are feeling cooped up and bored, head outside and teach them how to blow a frozen bubble!